Cross Creek Hospital helps children, adolescents, and adults who are struggling with anxiety through an unmatched quality of care and support. Located in Austin, TX, Cross Creek is the leading provider of anxiety treatment.
Learn more about our anxiety treatment center at Cross Creek Hospital in Austin, TX
Intense, excessive, and persistent worry and fear about everyday situations are the common characteristics displayed by individuals who are suffering from an anxiety disorder. These persistent feelings of anxiety, and often panic, can cause significant impairment and lead to devastation in many areas of their lives. Additionally, these feelings tend to be out of the individual’s control and are usually out of proportion to the situation at hand. Keeping in mind the sensitive nature of the symptoms that are characteristic of anxiety disorders, Cross Creek Hospital has developed specialized treatment that is tailored to meet the unique needs of patients who are faced with the challenges that accompany this illness. No matter which anxiety disorder you or your loved one may be struggling with, the experienced staff at Cross Creek, a hospital for anxiety treatment in Austin, can help.
Helping a loved one get treatment for anxiety
If you have a loved one who is battling an anxiety disorder, you are aware of the difficulties he or she faces on a daily basis. Additionally, as you watch your loved one struggle with the often debilitating symptoms of anxiety, you may find yourself filled with frustration as you are wondering what you can do to ease some of your loved one’s worries and fears. Fortunately, there are things you can do to help your love one cope with and ultimately overcome his or her anxiety. Below are some specific ways in which you can best be of support to your loved one:
- Make sure that you take the time to educate yourself about the specific anxiety disorder that your loved one is struggling with, as this can help you better understand what your loved one is going through and know what can be expected during the recovery process.
- Suggest that your loved one get professional help, especially if it seems like his or her anxiety is greatly interfering with his or her ability to function properly in life.
- Encourage your loved one to maintain consistent in treatment once it has begun and help him or her to remember to go to all of his or her appointments when necessary.
- Be extremely supportive of your loved one. Do not judge your loved one or minimize his or her feelings and keep in mind that it can take a long time for him or her to fully get his or her symptoms under control.
Why consider treatment for anxiety at Cross Creek Hospital in Austin, TX
No matter what type of anxiety disorder an individual may have, without proper treatment to get the distressing symptoms under control, an individual will begin to experience difficulties throughout his or her life on a daily basis. Our hospital and treatment center can provide proper care. Those with anxiety disorders may find it difficult to perform specific tasks in a quick and efficient manner due to their inability to focus. They may lose interest in activities they once enjoyed or may begin to avoid certain situations that could potentially trigger the onset of anxiety or panic symptoms. Over time, this type of avoidance can lead to the loss of interpersonal relationships and social isolation. Additionally, anxiety disorders have been known to lead to, or worsen, mental and physical health conditions such as depression, substance abuse, insomnia, headaches, and heart and health issues.
Types of anxiety treatment offered at Cross Creek Hospital in Austin, TX
At Cross Creek Hospital, an anxiety treatment center in Austin, we are devoted to providing everyone who seeks our care for anxiety disorders with the respect and dignity that they deserve. Our all-encompassing goal for treatment is to help men, women, and adolescents improve their overall functioning by helping them to stabilize and to continue their recovery with new tools that they will be taught in the treatment setting. We are proud to be able to achieve this goal by utilizing the structure and processes of a treatment model that combines cognitive-behavioral therapy, experiential therapies, and didactic therapies.
All of the treatment methods implemented in our inpatient treatment center utilize a multidisciplinary focus in order to ensure that an integrated approach to treatment that facilitates increased stabilization and growth is received by all patients. Furthermore, we place a high regard on the involvement of our patients’ families, knowing that their contribution to the therapeutic process is paramount to successful healing. The emphasis of our treatment center here at Cross Creek Hospital is not diagnosis-specific, but rather focuses on treating the symptoms that are plaguing each individual. We are devoted to implementing a truly holistic approach that aims to maximize patient care and help them achieve their highest level of functioning.
The following methods for care may be incorporated into the individualized treatment plans that are given to each adolescent, adult, and senior adult who are engaged in treatment for anxiety disorders at Cross Creek Hospital:
Medication management at our hospital: Many times anti-anxiety medications are used to help manage the symptoms of an anxiety disorder until an individual is able to learn more effective coping skills. However, all medication needs are always determined on a case-by-case basis. Patients meet with a psychiatrist at least once each day so that the therapeutic effectiveness of any medications that have been prescribed can be monitored and changes can be made when necessary. Additionally, there are nurses on staff who assist in monitoring medication needs.
Individual therapy at our treatment center: This individual case consultation will occur at a minimum of once each week, but additional sessions can be added on an as needed basis when it is believed to be beneficial to the patient. Various members of our patients’ treatment teams, including their assigned individual therapists, provide such consultations so that patients have the opportunity to meet one-to-one where they can discuss any concerns they have, process through various emotions they are experiencing, and to track treatment goals.
Family therapy at our hospital: Family involvement is important in the overall success of treatment for our patients. Keeping this in mind, family therapy sessions are held at least once each week for our adolescent patients and are held on as-needed basis for our adult patients. For the family members of those who are struggling with anxiety, this can be a time for them to learn about the illness itself, while also gaining valuable knowledge on ways in which they can be of best support to their loved one.
Group therapy at our treatment center: Group therapy is a significant component to the treatment options offered here at Cross Creek Hospital. The types of groups that our patients may engage in can include:
- Education groups at our hospital teach patients about the origin and the nature of the disorder(s) that they are suffering from. In these groups, patients learn to identify problems, form a treatment plan, and work effectively on obtaining recovery and maintaining stability.
- Process groups at our treatment center provide a structured setting for the discussion of issues and concerns that are identified by patients. This group focuses on the processing of feelings, internal communication and cooperation, and participation in healthy group feedback.
- Addictions groups at our hospital apply the 12-step addictions model for recovery to a wide range of self-destructive behaviors, including self-mutilation, disordered eating, and unhealthy personal relationships.
- Journaling groups at our treatment center provide a structured setting for developing therapeutic and recovery skills in the form of journaling, keeping a diary, completing homework assignments, and other writing tasks.
- Music therapy groups at our hospital provide an emotionally evocative group setting that is designed to provide the participants with an opportunity to practice affect management skills.
- Healthy relationships groups at our treatment center focus on developing social skills and practicing health interactions. It provides a forum for structured, supportive risk-taking and practicing assertiveness, and the giving and taking of feedback.
- Discharge planning groups at our hospital provide an opportunity for building skills that will improve the quality of life after discharge and reduce the likelihood of readmission.
Experiential therapy at our treatment center: In an attempt to provide a truly holistic approach to treatment, the staff at Cross Creek Hospital offers a number of experiential therapeutic options for our patients using things such as psychodrama and recreational techniques. These therapies are designed to teach patients skills for appropriate risk-taking, internal communication and cooperation, and expressing needs and fears. Examples of the experiential therapies that patients may engage in while in our care include:
- Physical wellness and exercise therapy program
- Animal assisted therapy
- Art therapy – This type of therapy is used to teach nonverbal strategies for expressing thoughts, feelings, and behavior in a healthy fashion. It is meant to be a technique for individuals to learn how to “tell without talking.” The art therapy groups also involve verbal processing of the artwork that is created.
- Relaxation integration – This type of experiential modality is designed to increase self-esteem, motivation, and energy levels by providing a forum for learning and practicing leisure and social skills, while also developing healthy support systems.
Continuing care and levels of treatment for anxiety
At Cross Creek Hospital, we want to ensure that each patient will have continued success in healing and maintaining recovery after completing inpatient care for anxiety disorders at our hospital and treatment center. In order to do this, we make it a priority to begin discharge planning from the moment a patient is admitted into our hospital. This plan coincides with a patient’s treatment plan and aims to address any concerns or needs for further, less intensive treatment after engaging in our treatment.
Our caring and compassionate staff will work with patients and their families to determine the most appropriate and effective treatment recommendations that will allow our patients to refine and build upon the skills learned at Cross Creek Hospital. Recommendations will be provided based on each patient’s needs so that the treatment goals achieved while at our hospital can be upheld and exceeded, decreasing a patient’s need for a higher level of care going forward. Furthermore, a member of our staff will contact patients 48 to 72 hours after being discharged to ensure that a successful transition from Cross Creek Hospital to each patient’s respective community or continuing care center has been achieved.
At Cross Creek Hospital, we will do all that we can to help you or a loved one overcome the distressing symptoms of an anxiety disorder and be able to live an enjoyable and worry free life.