Cross Creek Hospital helps children, adolescents, and adults who are struggling with cocaine addiction through an unmatched quality of care and support. Located in Austin, TX, Cross Creek is the leading provider of cocaine addiction treatment.
Learn more about cocaine addiction treatment at Cross Creek Hospital in Austin, TX
When individuals are addicted to cocaine, they are unable to control how much they use and will continue to use this substance despite the obvious negative consequences that are going on in their lives as a result of that use. Over time, an addiction to cocaine can lead to a number of physical and psychological problems that can have permanent effects on the addict, as well as those around them. More specifically, an addiction to cocaine can cause emotional trauma, financial strife, and a wide range of medical complications. When individuals are struggling with a cocaine addiction, their ability to successfully function on a daily basis will decline as this drug slowly takes over their life. Keeping in mind the sensitive nature of the symptoms that are characteristic of an addiction to cocaine, Cross Creek Hospital, a hospital for cocaine addiction treatment in Austin, has developed specialized treatment that is tailored to meet the unique needs of patients who are faced with the challenges that accompany this illness. If you are struggling with an addiction to cocaine, Cross Creek Hospital is here to assist you in gaining an understanding of addiction and to help you learn the tools necessary to maintain a lifetime of recovery.
Helping a loved one get treatment for cocaine addiction
Cocaine is a powerful substance that can wreak havoc on your loved one’s life if he or she does not get the treatment he or she needs. While you may clearly recognize that your loved one needs help, he or she may not be able to see it and will deny that any problem exists. For this reason, the responsibility often falls to an addict’s loved ones to give him or her the push needed to get the treatment process started. Here are some tips that can help you be of the most support to your loved one:
- Take the time to do some research about a cocaine addiction so that you can be aware of the symptoms your loved one may experience, the ways in which the disease of addiction is treated. There are plenty of books and informative websites available and you can always speak to a physician or mental health specialist for further information.
- Show your loved one that you are concerned about him or her and provide him or her with time to respond to your concerns. When you are talking to your loved one, be sure to give him or her your full, undivided attention and do not be judgmental.
- Encourage your loved one to seek treatment and offer to help him or her find a treatment center that would be most appropriate for meeting his or her specific needs.
- Continue to provide your loved one with support and encouragement throughout the recovery process.
- Recognize that there may be setbacks along the way and that addiction is a chronic illness that requires ongoing support.
Why consider treatment for cocaine addiction at Cross Creek Hospital in Austin, TX
Over time, as prolonged cocaine abuse turns into an addiction, an individual may begin to experience a number of medical health problems, as well as many other negative effects. Some of the long-term physical effects from prolonged cocaine addiction can include the loss of one’s sense of smell, irritation of the sinuses, lung damage or disease, and a higher risk for the development of diseases such as HIV or hepatitis. Furthermore, addicts are at a greater risk for developing a number of psychological effects, including, but not limited to, anxiety or depression. Other possible examples of long-term effects can include loss of one’s job, academic failure, financial difficulties, interpersonal relationship problems, incarceration, or, in serious cases, even death.
Types of cocaine addiction treatment offered at Cross Creek Hospital in Austin, TX
At Cross Creek Hospital, a cocaine addiction treatment center in Austin, we are devoted to providing everyone who seeks care at our hospital for a cocaine abuse problem with the respect and dignity that they deserve. Our all-encompassing goal for treatment is to help men, women, and adolescents improve their overall functioning by helping them to stabilize and to continue their recovery with new tools that they will be taught in the treatment setting. We are proud to be able to achieve this goal by utilizing the structure and processes of a treatment model that combines cognitive-behavioral therapy, experiential therapies, and didactic therapies.
All of the treatment methods implemented in our inpatient programming utilize a multidisciplinary focus in order to ensure that an integrated approach to treatment that facilitates increased stabilization and growth is received by all patients. Furthermore, we place a high regard on the involvement of our patients’ families, knowing that their contribution to the therapeutic process is paramount to successful healing. The emphasis of our treatment here at Cross Creek Hospital is not diagnosis-specific, but rather focuses on treating the symptoms that are plaguing each individual. We are devoted to implementing a truly holistic approach that aims to maximize patient care and help them achieve their highest level of functioning.
The following methods for care may be incorporated into the individualized treatment plans that are given to each adolescent, adult, and senior adult who are engaged in services at Cross Creek Hospital:
Medication management at our hospital: A patient’s need for medication is always determined on a case-by-case basis. Patients meet with a psychiatrist at least once each day so that the therapeutic effectiveness of any medications that have been prescribed can be monitored and changes can be made when necessary. Additionally, there are nurses on staff who assist in monitoring medication needs.
Individual therapy at our treatment center: This individual case consultation will occur at a minimum of once each week, but additional sessions can be added whenever deemed beneficial to the patient. Various members of our patients’ treatment team, including their assigned individual therapists, provide consultations and allow patients a time to meet one-to-one to discuss any concerns they have, process through various emotions they are experiencing, to track treatment goals and assist patients in identifying community supports to ensure continuity of care upon discharge.
Family therapy at our hospital: Family involvement is important in the overall success of treatment for our patients. Keeping this in mind, family therapy sessions are held at least once each week for our adolescent patients and are held on as-needed basis for our adult patients. For the family members of those who are struggling with a cocaine addiction, this can be a time for them to learn about the disease of addiction, while also gaining valuable knowledge on ways in which they can be of best support to their loved one.
Group therapy at our treatment center: Group therapy is a significant component to the treatment options offered here at Cross Creek Hospital. The types of groups that our patients may engage in can include:
- Education groups teach patients about the origin and the nature of the disorder(s) that they are suffering from. In these groups, patients learn to identify problems, form a treatment plan, and work effectively on stabilizing their recovery.
- Process groups provide a structured setting for the discussion of issues and concerns that are identified by patients. This group focuses on the processing of feelings, internal communication and cooperation, and participation in healthy group feedback.
- Addictions groups explore the wide range of self-destructive behaviors that sometimes accompany substance abuse, such as self-mutilation, disordered eating and unhealthy relationships, while also exploring the varied recovery paths and supports available to individuals seeking to maintain recovery.
- Journaling groups provide a structured setting for developing therapeutic and recovery skills in the form of journaling, keeping a diary, completing homework assignments, and other writing tasks.
- Music therapy groups provide an emotionally evocative group setting that is designed to provide the participants with an opportunity to practice affect management skills.
- Healthy relationships groups focus on developing social skills and practicing health interactions. It provides a forum for structured, supportive risk-taking and practicing assertiveness, and the giving and taking of feedback.
- Discharge planning groups provide an opportunity for building skills that will improve the quality of life after discharge and reduce the likelihood of readmission.
Experiential therapy at our hospital: In an attempt to provide a truly holistic approach to treatment, the staff at Cross Creek Hospital offers a number of experiential therapeutic options for our patients using things such as psychodrama and recreational techniques. These therapies are designed to teach patients skills for appropriate risk-taking, internal communication and cooperation, and expressing needs and fears. Examples of the experiential therapies that patients may engage in while at our hospital include:
- Physical wellness and exercise therapy program
- Animal assisted therapy
- Art therapy – This type of therapy is used to teach nonverbal strategies for expressing thoughts, feelings, and behavior in a healthy fashion. It is meant to be a technique for individuals to learn how to “tell without talking.” The art therapy groups also involve verbal processing of the artwork that is created.
- Relaxation integration – This type of experiential modality is designed to increase self-esteem, motivation, and energy levels by providing a forum for learning and practicing leisure and social skills, while also developing healthy support systems.
Continuing care and levels of treatment for cocaine addiction
At Cross Creek Hospital, we want to ensure that each patient will have continued success in healing and maintaining recovery after completing inpatient care at our hospital. In order to do this, we make it a priority to begin discharge planning from the moment a patient is admitted into our hospital. This plan coincides with a patient’s treatment plan and aims to address any concerns or needs for further, less intensive treatment after engaging in our programming.
Our caring and compassionate staff will work with patients and their families to determine the most appropriate and effective treatment recommendations that will allow our patients to refine and build upon the skills learned at Cross Creek Hospital. Recommendations will be provided based on each patient’s needs so that the treatment goals achieved while at our hospital can be upheld and exceeded, decreasing a patient’s need for a higher level of care going forward. Furthermore, a member of our staff will contact patients 48 to 72 hours after being discharged to ensure that a successful transition from Cross Creek Hospital to each patient’s respective community or continuing care center has been achieved.
At Cross Creek Hospital, we will do all that we can to help you or a loved one achieve their treatment goals and go on to live a happy, successful life.